Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Presidential Post

Yesterday was a big deal for America, and I am so happy that Obama won out and will move into the White House in January. I met up with Sarah down in Arlington for a happy hour at Rockbottom Brewery to hang out with her coworkers and watch the polls come in. Not being able to vote sucks, especially on a day like yesterday, but its great to get to be a part, in a small way, of the big change that Obama symbolizes. I envy those of you who got the opportunity to wait out in the record breaking lines to cast your ballots, but being a part of history and being able to say that I supported and was there watching brings a grin to my face. I can’t wait to see what is in store in the next four years- and I will keep rocking the car magnet with pride. Congratulations America, you did good.

A lot of people are pissed that McCain is out, and I can understand their reservations, but I have to say I really think the better man for the country right now, won. McCain’s concession speech was fantastically done despite the idiots yelling during his heartfelt words. I was never a big fan of his stances on many issues, but when push comes to shove he would have been a good president. (Palin….not so much.) Obama’s acceptance speech was nothing short of fantastic- his statements and humility really drive home the feeling that this is a big turning point for America, and one that makes my stomach jump with anticipation. I can’t remember ever being this genuinely heartfelt about anything political. It feels really good. Well done Mr. President.




Oh and check out Lando Calrissian's political ads if you have a free minute. Hilarious.

No comments: