Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Shamrockfest Post

This weekend DC101 and Hot 99.4 put on their annual Celtic music festival; Shamrockfest. Having heard rave reviews about previous years, I decided to trek out to RFK Stadium and partake in the festivities. There were live bands, multiple stages, beer trucks galore and lots and lots of drunken people wearing leprechaun beards and clover hats. We went VIP and got the all inclusive tickets which was nice, and Sarah was kind enough to be my taxi-cab for the day, so I was able to kick back and not have to worry about getting myself anywhere afterward. Unfortunately the weather was pretty dreary and the majority of the day was spent standing in large puddles. The whole experience reminded me a lot of the old days of HSFstival… Eric and I had a great time and met up with a few of his friends while we where roaming the grounds. All in all a pretty fun way to spend the day, I just really which the weather wasn’t so authentically Irish.

No comments: