Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Fiesta Post

Sarah and I headed out to Fairfax a the weekend before last for Heather’s Mexican Fiesta party. The theme was as expected, of Hispanic origins, and required festive attire to attend. Fortunately for me Stefan brought back a ridiculously large sombrero from his trip to Mexico with Courtney last summer so I was spoken for. Sarah fashioned a fantastic piñata handbag that was perfect. There where an awful lot of fake mustaches (who new Mexico was so hairy?) and an assortment of over sized hats going around Heather’s townhouse. Her roommates who I’d never met seemed like fun people, and overall the crowd was a lot of fun. Jamie (girl) was there with Kayvan too which was cool, as I hadn’t seen them since my going away party two years back. They where relaxing and enjoying the week before they headed down to Key West to get married (congratulations insistently Mr. and Mrs. Romarzis!) It was nice to see Heather again, and everyone seemed to have a great time. A real piñata made an appearance, but was quickly swatted down on the 2nd batter’s attempt. The scary thing was though that after it fell down, it didn’t break open, so out of nowhere a girl yelled “I got it!” and pounced on it with a knife. She hacked it up and the candy started flowing. Now I am all for a little battery and piñata abuse but where the hell did the knife-ninja come from!? Needless to say we let her get first crack at the goodies.Pictured: Sarah stole my hat. Not pictured: awesome pinata purse

No comments: