Saturday, April 4, 2009

The American Celebration Post

Last night we headed out to Georgetown to celebrate my citizenship. Putting the word out with FaceBook I tried to wrangle up as many of my fellow Americans in the area to come out for a beer at the Guards. I had a great night spending time with my good friends. It was a lot of fun and was great to see everyone. Erin and Tim sent on a bag of goodies than included an Uncle Sam hat amongst other very patriotic paraphernalia which made for some interesting photo ops with friends and strangers alike. (Pictures on Sarah’s FaceBook) I don’t think I had ever been to the Guards before but it’s definitely a place I’d head back to; nice bar environment with a lower deck for the more dancing-inclined patrons. It was a really nice ending to a day worth celebrating. Thanks to everyone who made it out, for all the well wishes and congratulatory texts, tweets and IMs. You guys are the best, thank you so much.

No comments: