Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Mystery Goose Post

Across from my office building there is a multistory parking deck for a neighboring office building. It’s about 3 stories shorter than my window so I have a pretty clear view of the entire roof of the structure. It came to my attention last week that there is an unexpected inhabitant of the rooftop in the form of a lone Canadian Goose. Every morning around 10 the goose wanders to the corner of the roof closest to my building and stares out across the street, He’ll stay there for a good 2-3 hours barely moving. Occasionally he will leave by noon-ish depending on the day, and often reappear briefly later in the day. I find it comical how clockwork his activities are. I only noticed last week, but he has been there constantly every day since. I wonder how long he has laid claim to that rooftop? What is the fascination with that particular corner of the complex? Is he waiting for a V of geese to fly overhead and join up with them? I’ve seen him fly away, so it’s not like he’s stuck in a goose prison up there. My theory is he’s a trained spy-goose for the Canadian government. There are government offices around here and an unusual amount of helicopter traffic in the area….hrm.

No comments: