Thursday, February 12, 2009

The American Interview Post

Yesterday I took the day off work to head in for my Citizenship Interview. The penultimate step on my application for US citizenship. All that’s left now, after passing the exam is for me to swear the Oath of Allegiance, at which point I will complete the whole process and have citizenship. The swearing in will happen within a month or so, according to the officer who did my interview. The interview consists of three parts; a background check under oath, a reading/writing assessment and a short civics quiz. I had been preparing for the civics portion with Sarah for a while leading up to the interview so I was well prepared and knew the material rather well. I’m really glad to have the process all but completed and look forward to receiving notification as to when I can go in and take the oath. There will be an All-American Themed Party to celebrate shortly following the event. Stay tuned.

No comments: