Sunday, February 1, 2009

The West Coast Brother Post

Virginia has a hard time containing my little brother it seems, as it hasn’t been two months since he returned form Iraq, and he’s already leaving town. His girlfriend, Courtney has landed a leading role in a television pilot for HBO, and she and Stefan will be heading to their new apartment in L.A. on Tuesday. I’m really excited for them despite the fact that they will be on the other side of the country. If the show gets picked up then it’s exactly what Courtney needs for her career to get going, and it’s not like there is any shortage of fires to fight in California, so Stefan’s career will be heading in the right direction too.

Sarah and I went out for Thai with them last night so we could spend some time with them before they loaded up the U-Haul and hit the road. We w
ent to a place in Reston Town Center that was really nice. My ‘Kapow Chicken’ definitely earned the 3 chili-pepper rating on the menu for its hotness. Ended up having to drink a glass of half-and-half (they didn’t have any milk) to take out the spice afterward. It was fun to spend some time with Stef and Court, we’ll miss having them around for sure. But when they know all the movie stars and have a kick-ass social network setup over in Hollywood, then they will be the perfect people to go visit! I keep joking that I need to get my screenplay to Courtney so she can put in a good word… Now I just need to write it….

Hopefully their four-day road trip will go by quickly for them. I know they plan on stopping and seeing friends along the way so that will be nic
e, but lugging one of those trailers has to be a pain. Especially with the 55mph speed limitation on the tow-hitch. Best of luck to you both, send a postcard (or 10).

No comments: