Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Car Show Post

Sunday, Eric and I went with Ken and Alex to the National Car Convention in DC. It was pretty cool to see all the cars on display, from the affordable to the very-much-not. I got to check out personal favorites like the Saturn Sky and Mazda RX-8. Sitting inside the cars and seeing them up-close, in all their polished glory, was a lot of fun an a great experience. While not scoping out cars that I could see myself cruising around, we wandered into the luxury vehicle sections, crazy hybrid-future cars and some massive RVs that made tour buses look paltry. I got the see the Chevy Volt up-close which was pretty impressive. The idea of spending .12 cents to got 40 miles is amazing. I can’t wait to see how the development of these efficient cars in the not so distant future.

After the show we headed to Chinatown and grabbed food at RDF. The substantial beer selection was terrific and between the four of us we sampled a fair few eclectic brews. My favorite was a banana bread ale from England. Good stuff! My surf and turf steak burger was fantastic too. Definitely a place I’ll return to next me I am in the area.

No comments: