Sunday, February 1, 2009

The XLIII Post

Super Bowl 43 or “ex-el-eyeeeeee!” as I like to call it was tonight and while the first three quarters where a snooze-fest for me (not being a Cardinals or Steelers supporter) but the last 20 minutes where pretty good football. Bruce Springsteen was pretty dull to be honest, but his groin-slide into the camera was pretty hilarious. I loved his smug face after it happened. Considering he just tea-bagged America I can say a smirk is somewhat warranted. All said though I am one of those guys that watches the game mostly for the ads.

I have to say the commercials where particularly disappointing with a few exceptions. Everyone had mixed feelings going into it because of the state of the economy and the high cost for the 30-second spots. What was upsetting to me was that the ads that did have the money pumped into them where some of the worst ones there, and the 3D glasses gimmick was atrocious. I will seriously never drink a Sobe product ever again after that monstrosity of a commercial. Go-Daddy lowered even their standards and put out some of the worst ads of the night too, but that was pretty much expected. The best ad of the game goes to the one with the Koala punching (Career Builder) because I was rolling on the floor laughing. Doritos’s get an honorable mention too for the snow globe ad, and the Audi spot with Jason Statham was just awesomely badass (and has me looking forward to the Transporter hitting blu-ray next month).

Sarah and I headed out to THE CITADEL to watch the game with Eric, Coy, Holly and their friends. It was good time with loads of food and good company. Turns out that I was sitting on a packet of Rollos the whole night that Sarah had slipped into my back pocket on the way up to Eric’s apartment. So tomorrow I might be shopping for a new wallet.


No comments: