Sunday, January 4, 2009

The iMac Post

Duncan is starting up a new business that will focus accessibility in the DC-metro area, and has enlisted me as his graphical confidant for much of the project. I won’t go into detail on the company itself as there is much to be ironed out and much more to share in a future posting- in order to get things rolling Duncan is getting his ducks in a row with the financial planning and making sure he has the manpower and hardware to pull off his ideas. To overly sweeten the deal on my end he has very generously equipped me with a refurbished iMac to work off of. I have been wanting to make the adaptation to being a dual PC-Mac user for a while. Being a graphic designer and living in the PC-only camp is a rarity these days and can potentially be a hindrance. I will never be a 100% Mac-Head but I definitely see their merits and want to become as versed with them as I can be. This is the perfect opportunity to make that transition.

Well it would be…if we could get the damn thing to stay on for more than 20 seconds. Unfortunately there are some technical issues with the hardware (Duncan is thinking its still the power supply) which means that the pretty white screen has to sit idle at the moment until the stubborn thing can be repaired. It’s very upsetting… but so pretty…. Oh I can’t stay mad at you. Time for another dusting!


No comments: