Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Themed Party Post

Last weekend was one for themed parties, least it was for us. Friday, Sarah took me as her ‘plus one’ to her company holiday party. Personally I think when Chinese New Year is the only holiday on the menu then its too late to call it a ‘holiday’ party. Happy year of the Ox by the way. It was pretty fun despite its misplaced name. A quasi-formal dinner with awkward DJ inspired dancing soon to follow. Sarah and I left after the speeches as the Electric Slide and Macarena where never our strong suits. (Though if they do the chicken dance then its ON!)
Saturday we headed out to Falls Church to Mike’s house for a ‘Late 80’s Early 90’s’ theme party. I wore a ‘Keytar Hero’ t-shirt we came across in a bargain bin, and Sarah rocked the side ponytail and old school Nintendo getup. Needless to say we looked rather ridiculous, but where put to shame when Mike broke out his famous wig collection and Michael Jackson attire. Personally I think the whole thing was an orchestrated reason for Mike to get out said wigs- I’m onto you Batista. Fun weekend overall. Themes add a nice change of pace to things. Sarah and I could have themed parties only from now on. I’m thinking Nerf-Gun-Battle party, bring-your-own-darts….
No Titan you are not getting an invitation.

No comments: