Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Painting for Eric Post

I finally finished the canvas I have been promising Eric since before Christmas! The picture is for his condo (aka THE CITADEL) in Arlington, so I wanted to get a DC-flavor to it, especially considering the current décor in the lace has a DC slant to it. I stuck with the basics and did a traditional (for me) color wash with high contrast black and whites on top. Simple and colorful is the way I seem to like to do these things. I’m rather pleased with the way it turned out, hopefully he’ll enjoy it. I wrapped the painting around the sides of the canvas and opted to sign it on the side as well. Overall it’s a nice effect that I think I’ll continue for future canvases. I’ve already had a request for one come in so it’s fair to say that I’ll be doing another one pretty soon. Heading over tomorrow to hang it up.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That's really beautiful. I am pondering the idea of picking up painting, myself. Is this oil or acrylic?

I don't know how I managed to get out of "art" school without learning how to paint...

Jamie said...

Yeah its acrylic. You should try whipping up something to go over the mantle!