Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Podgy Pounding Post

So I am a little tired of the condition I’m in. Somehow I manage to balance a not-so-healthy combo of skinny and lanky with lovehandly (it’s a word). This next month will be the start of a valiant-ish attempt at getting on course. I have tried various methods in the past but without being pushed I always flatter after minimal effort. Our gym offers a program called TNT which meets twice a week with trainers and a small group of 5-6 members. The trainers put you through the ringer with various exercises and make sure to keep on you about completing your sets and pushing yourself. They also do dietary monitoring and provide cardio-routines for homework on off days. Sounds a little cliché but it’s the sort of thing I need to keep up any attempt. Unless someone is there to motivate/force me I just don’t give 100%. Hopefully this will put an end to that,. It’s a three month program, so when all is said and done I should be in decent enough shape to gym without training wheels.

Sarah is a big fan of the Biggest Loser, and I’ve caught a few episodes of this season with her while waiting for Scrubs to come on each week. They are doing a Pound-for-Pound Challenge where-in people pledge an amount of weight they will loose and the show donates a pound of food for every lb. dropped. It’s a pretty good promotion I think. Save a few fatties whilst feeding a few skinnies. Win win! I pledged a whopping 5lbs, which is hardly impressive, to be lost by my birthday (end of March) but if Wii Fit is any indicator then its going to be cutting it fine.
Pound For Pound Challenge - I took the pledge to lose weight and help feed those in need - JOIN ME!

No comments: